Overall effectiveness: Good, 2
Achievement of pupils: Good, 2
Quality of teaching: Good, 2
Behaviour and safety of pupils: Good, 2
Leadership and management: Good, 2
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
This is a good school.
- The vast majority of pupils return successfully to mainstream school or on to other provision which meets their needs.
- Progress in personal development for the vast majority of pupils is good and outstanding for some.
- Pupils understand quickly how they need to behave in lessons, which helps them to achieve well.
- From varying levels on entry each pupil’s progress is tracked carefully and the vast majority of pupils make good progress in English and mathematics.
- Very strong partnerships exist with parents and the local community, which contributes to pupils’ achievement.
- The effective headteacher is highly respected by all. She is ably supported by the deputy headteacher.
- The management committee makes a good contribution to leadership.
- Pupils are polite and behave well.
- There is virtually no bullying and pupils feel very safe and secure.
- Pupils’ views are highly valued and acted upon.
- The work the unit does to prevent exclusion from mainstream school is highly effective.
- Teachers have high expectations of the amount of work pupils will complete in each lesson.